League Forums

Main - Team News

A statement from by Mr. Davis and the new Raiders GM

By daoracle
1/29/2017 7:47 pm
As many of you know, last month we hired a new GM to guide us through free agency and the draft. Because this is his first go around at this (but trust me hes smarter then Lane Kiffin and those other idiots i hired were) until now he has chosen to remain silent. But after what he feels has been a successful draft, I will introduce him to the media now. Here he is. Daoracle.

Good afternoon. I'll answer your questions in advance. No we didnt get enough players this off season to get where we need to be yet. But we are making progress. And with our new competent coaching staff (ie cheap but having least of similar quailities) we hope to make strides in the right direction and to be in a position cap wise to make even more strides next year. As well as enough money in the bank to go out and get actual good coaches!

We have another boatload of draft picks again coming up next year thanks to my predecessor. 6 third round picks? seriously? it seems he went 4-10 for 4 years in the hopes of turning this into a 500 team 3 years from now. That is not acceptable. as the season progresses we will be looking to convert those into at least a few second round picks.

i expect our offense to be fine this year. defensively it will be a challenge. but as the season wears on and i hit that 30 day mark of experience i expect to be a very busy general manager.

Good to meet you all.

Re: A statement from by Mr. Davis and the new Raiders GM

By mikecouil
2/01/2017 11:36 pm
Nice write up.