League Forums

Main - Rivalries

SF/Arizona

By dangalanti
10/30/2020 5:14 am
Since trslick took over Arizona in 2042 every game with San Francisco has been a nailbiter:
2042 week 9: 16-13 (OT) Arizona
2042 week 16: 17-14 San Francisco win to secure final playoff berth
2042 Divisional round: 17-16 San Francisco
2043 week 5: 23-21 San Francisco
2043 week 15: 25-20 San Francisco
San Francisco points: 95 Arizona points: 87 - no game decided by more than 5 points
Love when the Cardinals come up on the schedule, but I'm pulling my hair out every time.

Re: SF/Arizona

By trslick
10/30/2020 7:54 am
Keeps us on our toes!

By dangalanti
10/30/2020 2:23 pm
trslick wrote:
Keeps us on our toes!

Always seems like one team or the other gets out to a big lead, then has to hold on for dear life. When I got up 19-0 in the last game I thought it was going to be a blowout, but you shut us down completely in the second half. I dumped my kicker last season after he missed a PAT that would have decided the game you ended up winning in OT - his replacement goes 6-6 on FGs this time around. Already thinking we might meet again in the playoffs this year.

By dangalanti
11/02/2020 3:26 am
dangalanti wrote:
Already thinking we might meet again in the playoffs this year.

Told you we'd probably meet in the playoffs - I was just hoping it wouldn't be the wild card round!

By trslick
11/02/2020 8:30 am
I just hope it lets me game plan, sent JDB a pm, all my leagues are doing there own thing, all I
see is the end score, good luck!

By dangalanti
11/02/2020 2:24 pm
trslick wrote:
I just hope it lets me game plan, sent JDB a pm, all my leagues are doing there own thing, all I
see is the end score, good luck!

Weird - hope you can get it figured out. Carolina's owner told me he's been having some issues with the website lately too. It won't be a cakewalk for either one of us regardless - good luck!

By dangalanti
11/04/2020 3:45 am
Not so close this time - the score didn't indicate how badly you guys kicked our butts. Got slapped around on both sides of the ball - couldn't stop your runs and Bale's long TD catch and run just before halftime was a killer. 475 yards allowed was the most given up since week five when we gave up 478 yards to....Arizona.

If it wasn't for the pick six and safety it wouldn't have been close at all. QB Travis Aaron's first fumble since 2040 that set you up for White's TD run near the end of the third quarter pretty much iced the game. Congrats on a good game and good luck against Green Bay.

By trslick
11/04/2020 9:37 am
Good game 49ers, we were able to game plan, those int's seemed to be passed to the defenders
and not the WR's!

By dangalanti
11/04/2020 4:37 pm
trslick wrote:
Good game 49ers, we were able to game plan, those int's seemed to be passed to the defenders
and not the WR's!

I threw *six* INTs in the final regular season game, so I probably fiddled with my gameplan more than I needed to. We were a power rushing team all season (139 yds/gm), but couldn't get anything going against you guys. Wait until next year - again.

By dangalanti
12/31/2020 3:39 am
Battle of the unbeatens in week 11 2044 - 10-0 vs. 10-0. Cardinals *averaging* 39.8 points per game - only four games all season scoring less than 31 points. SF defense definitely has their work cut out for them.