Main - Rivalries

Re: SF/Arizona

By trslick
12/31/2020 9:49 am
Hope its a good one, good luck!

By dangalanti
3/09/2021 3:19 am
Time for another battle between 7-0 San Francisco and 6-1 Arizona. Arizona manhandled SF twice in 2044 for their only two losses of the year, and is on a three game win streak in the rivalry including a win in the 2043 wild card round. Chance for one of these squads to stake their claim as a top contender in the NFC.

By trslick
3/09/2021 12:39 pm
49ers beat our only loss, I would favor your team!

By dangalanti
3/09/2021 4:49 pm
trslick wrote:
49ers beat our only loss, I would favor your team!

We'll see. My offense has been settling for way too many field goals the last couple of games. If we can keep your team in check (tall task!) it should be a real slugfest.

By dangalanti
5/26/2021 11:04 pm
Not sure why this week's matchup has an even line - don't think this game will be very competitive. Your squad is clearly the better one this season - I think it's your turn to win the division, right?

By trslick
5/27/2021 7:48 am
Another great game, the way we started was bad, you guys kept it close, till the next one, good luck!

By dangalanti
5/27/2021 2:55 pm
trslick wrote:
Another great game, the way we started was bad, you guys kept it close, till the next one, good luck!

Fun game to watch, even though we lost. Had to kick the FG as time expired just to rub our noses in it a little bit more, huh? Just kidding.

I know this isn't a super active league, but I do always look forward to our two games a year as pretty good showdowns. Don't think I'm going to be able to leapfrog enough teams to make the playoffs this season. First time SF will miss the playoffs since I joined MFN - kind of bums me out.
Last edited at 5/28/2021 6:19 am

By trslick
5/28/2021 6:01 am
That happens and I still don't know why, in one of my leagues I won it all with one loss, next season I won 1 or 2 games while keeping everything the same!

By dangalanti
7/21/2021 7:48 pm
Unusually early in the season for Arizona and SF to match up in week 3 - seems like it's always week 10 or later. Arizona has won three in a row and five of the last six meetings since 2044 - not much of a rivalry lately.

By trslick
7/22/2021 9:32 am
Both of us in the NC west makes it so and it is a good rival! That both of us has lost a game this
early, shows strength in the league as well! Good luck on the season!